Sunday 21 January 2018

What's for tea?

Fish fingers.

A fish finger sandwich.  But, there's a problem.  Traditionally I have them on buttered bread with HP sauce.  And there is no HP in the house!

The only suitable dressing seemed to be MINT SAUCE.  Yes ... as one friend pointed out ... the stuff you use for baby sheep!


I think it worked well ... but the reactions on Facebook were varied, to put it politely.  It would be fair to say that the experiment didn't meet universal approval.  Alternatives were suggested... mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, Tabasco, Marmite, cheese ... 

Dougal wasn't around to help me finish off the meal ... he's with friends for a couple of days.  The minute we turned the car down their road he became very excited ... he has two dog companions, Tess and Stanley, so what could be better?  


I've an early start tomorrow, so I'll finish with a quotation from a friend's page.


Food for thought.


No comments: