Thursday 30 December 2010

Cracked ...

... in more senses than one!
 The friends who gave me the "I am not normal" tee shirt also gave the cracked turtle egg!  Apart from it adding another delightful specimen to my collection it may also have the symbolic meaning of "I'm cracked"!!
Perhaps I'll choose not to interpret it in that particular way?
It is a gorgeous wee thing but one of those that you'd be scared of misplacing so it will join the other miniatures in the glass cabinet.
Another symptom of this "madness" may be my measuring the growth of the polar bear!
 He's already increased considerably in size yet has maintained the basic shape ... growth is slow ... this is at about twenty four hours.
Perhaps the biggest indicator of the complete loss of reality is my temporary adoption of Molly.  Her owner heads off to America at 4.00 am and he was totally desperate for someone to look after her for two weeks as plans had not materialized.  So poor Molly, small, old and with poorish eyesight, is given into the care of Eliot who is neither tiny nor lacking in any of his senses ... except perhaps 'common sense'!
After a few initial barks, to establish hierarchy, Molly now follows him around in a most endearing way.  I'm not sure Eliot finds it so funny ... wherever he goes Molly is just one inch behind him!  Both right now are asleep at my feet ... so I think peace and harmony reigns in the rectory.
Am I "cracked" to consider taking her on board?  Time will tell!  If you see an ad for a dog who wants a short break you'll know that I've finally cracked!
In some ways it has been a strange day as I mourn with a friend on the death of her Mum and rejoice with other friends on the birth of their son.  There's been time too for catching up with a couple of folk; but all the other things that I'd laid out to do, including a new novel to read, never happened.  Time for that on another occasion.

Lord God, creator of all,
you have made us creatures of this earth,
but have also promised us a share in life eternal.
According to your promises,
may all who have died in the peace of Christ
share with your saints in the joy of heaven
where there is neither sorrow nor pain,
but life everlasting.  Amen. 


The Promise of His Glory. 

No comments: