Saturday 24 September 2011

I'd forgotten ...

... that this little treasure was on my route today when I was "lost" in an unfamiliar part of the city.  Not exactly "lost" ... I knew where I was ... it was just not where I wanted to be and I'd forgotten to put the map back into the car so wasn't able to work out how to get to the house I planned to visit.  Anyhow ... this is delightfully named the Waterworks!
 Eliot was with me so I had to concentrate on keeping him out of the water!
 The birds ignored his presence .... my guess is that they are well accustomed to people and dogs, showing an interest only if they happen to bring something to eat!
 If I'd had walking shoes in the car there was an interesting river flowing through a small park along which I'd have walked for a bit ... so I need to explore that some other time.
 Meanwhile I just snapped away ... all done one-handedly so not much attention to framing or exposure ... but the water was so beautifully blue ... a real treat and so unexpected.  I didn't even know this place existed!
 Clearly it is a Mecca for all kinds of water birds ... a beautiful place.
You never know what you'll see if you keep your eyes open!

Almighty God,
whose only Son has opened for us
a new and living way into your presence:
Give us pure hearts and steadfast wills
to worship you in spirit and in truth,
through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen. 



Collect of the Fourteenth Sunday after Trinity
Book of Common Prayer. 

No comments: