Monday 27 June 2011

Yesterday!

How confusing are my days!  If I'd just post on the day then you'd not have to try to work out whether today is yesterday or today ... this is yesterday, Sunday!  It had been a very full and extremely enjoyable day ... but by ten o'clock I was dropping off to sleep in the rocking chair and decided that bed was the sensible option!  So ... no blog added.
Sunday of course begins early with a long walk for the dog - my theory is that he then sleeps when I'm out at church.  There was a fresh patch of mushrooms after the rain and warmer temperatures ... at first I thought they were big golf balls .... they looked edible but I'm never totally sure so just left them where they'd grown.
The first two services in Saint Nicholas' went off well - it was good to have Mellissa back to read the service and assist at Holy Communion.
We had visitors from Sweden at both and I didn't manage to get a good picture of them .... time is so short between the services.
The group who visited us was about a third of the whole party and I'm looking forward to meeting them again this (Monday) afternoon.
The summer programme of Music in the Belfast Parks is well underway and Paul and I (with Eliot) went off to hear the Dungannon Silver Band in the Sir Thomas and Lady Dixon Park.  
Sunny afternoon and good music drew out the crowds and the band played on for a good while after the scheduled stopping time.
 I could listen to this kind of music all day!
The park was full of family groups and these two dads were having a great time blowing bubbles for the little ones!  Great fun and laughter - just what you need on a Sunny Sunday!
 But this is Monday ... and I'm off to visit in the hospitals.  Just had Jehovah's Witnesses at the door ... wasn't in the mood and didn't have the time to begin a long conversation ....

To Father, Son, and Holy Ghost,
the God whom heaven and earth adore,
from us and from the angel host
be praise and glory evermore.


Church Hymnal number 683
All people that on earth do dwell ... by William Kethe (d 1594)


2 comments:

ROBERTA said...

I too had Jehovah's Witnesses at the door today and did not answer as i was just heading out to pick up my husband from the airport shuttle. Small world huh?

Rev Elizabeth said...

Goodness ... mine were very pleasant but I just didn't want to be bothered getting into any conversation! Small world indeed!