Tuesday 12 April 2011

Well ... I missed a day!

 Now, need to go out ... I'll try to get back to talk about the raindrops on roses ....
I was beginning to wonder if this might be abandoned ... but here I am!
It seems such a long time ago that the early morning raindrops caught my attention.  Clearly the overnight showers had been heavy and everywhere had that lovely fresh spring smell.  Indeed, two loads of washing were completed and left hanging on the line.  Sadly it has since rained so they are now wet again after being powder dry earlier in the afternoon.  Then I didn't take time to bring the stuff in ... and now ... why bother!
Every day I'm taking pictures of the azalea to catch the moment the flower buds burst open ... this bush is a dramatic fiery red and gives a very cheerful focal point in the front garden.
This railway station picture is the one that might have been posted yesterday ... but wasn't!  I like the way that the lad in the white top is clearly running to catch his train.  It's fun to sit and watch all the goings and comings ... sometimes folk are just dandering along with too much time to spare ... others are rushing around, sometimes looking frantic.  Most seem totally unaware of other people.
It was very tempting to do the same sort of thing today when I was picking up friends at the airport ... but I was sitting in a more public place and it felt a bit too obvious.  Maybe I need one of those wee spy cameras .... or maybe I'll just get myself arrested!  
So I contented myself with a coffee in which you could almost swim!
 Thankfully there are two handles - otherwise I'm not sure you could lift it comfortably.
Tuesday night is Lent series ... this being the last of them ... so tonight's picture is inside McCracken Memorial Presbyterian Church ... wish I'd taken an earlier picture when the light was coming in through the stained glass.  This was shot during the closing hymn and I was in the back row.
Next week is Holy Week so we'll have services each evening ... I'd need to get my thoughts in gear for Monday night when I'm preaching.  Maybe Sunday's sermon needs to come first?!  Easter is almost upon us ... today I ordered the bacon, eggs and sausages for the Easter Day breakfast!  It seemed a better plan than turning up at the butchers on the Saturday before Easter and asking for nine dozen eggs!  They are the best free range eggs that you have ever tasted!  So, if you live within striking distance of Belfast and fancy an Ulster Fry ... you know where to come!  The "Dawn" service is at 8.30 am and then breakfast follows in the parish hall.  
Blogs for the next ten days may be a tad short ... somehow life is going to get that bit more busy for a while!  

Watch, O Lord, with those who wake,
or watch, or weep tonight,
and give your angels and saints
charge over those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ,
rest your weary ones,
bless your dying ones,
soothe your suffering ones,
pity your afflicted ones
shield your joyous ones.

And all for your love's sake.
Amen.

No comments: