Sunday 10 April 2011

Flowers.

 I have lots of these very pretty "flowers" which will soon turn to seed heads and then I'll have even more!
 The trouble is ... they look so cheerful I hate to chop their heads off ... but I guess that must happen sooner or later.
 As for this tiny specimen ... it is the Saint Patrick's Day shamrock now in flower and very straggly.  Not a thing of great beauty but the wee flowers are pretty.
Not half so dramatic as the azalea in the front garden.  This is a real "burning bush" appearance just waiting for another few days until it bursts into bloom.
 I love it!
 The colours and textures are magnificent.
 Maybe it is even more beautiful at this stage than when in open bloom ... no doubt there'll be pictures of that when it happens.
All of this beauty within a few feet of where I'm writing!  Ahhhhh.

O God, I thank You for this day of life
for eyes to see the sky
for ears to hear the birds
for feet to walk amidst the trees
for hands to pick the flowers from the earth
for a sense of smell to breathe in the sweet perfumes of nature
for a mind to think about and appreciate the magic of everyday miracles
for a spirit to swell in joy at your mighty presence everywhere.

Marian Wright Edelman

No comments: