Thursday 2 September 2010

2010:365:245 Belfast ...

... or it could be called "jottings" again!  Just a few rambling thoughts as the evening draws to a close .... 
Thursday got off to a good start with a roll on the grass ... no ... not I ... Eliot enjoys this peculiar activity and of course it is very difficult to capture a good picture of it in the early morning light. 
He thought it was the day off ... I suppose, technically, it was ... but there were some things that just had to be done and Eliot was taken back home to do whatever dogs do when their owners are away!
First stop was the Royal Victoria Hospital.
Although it was only just after ten o'clock the queue for the car park was impossibly long so I did a three point turn and nipped round to the Falls Road.
Everywhere was looking good in the bright sunshine.  The hospital has a Falls Road entrance so it was a short walk through the grounds to the main block.  This picture of a couple of black taxis is the one submitted to the 365Project today. 
I love the wobbly fencing - so much more interesting than a straight set of railings.  and the colour is one of my favourites as well. 
From the seventh floor the views across the city are quite spectacular and there's lots to spot while waiting for the lift to arrive.  Indeed, I missed the first lift - so engrossed was I in the view.  I was born in this hospital - and it's one of the centres to which parishioners are likely to be admitted. 
Small courtyards have been transformed into little gardens - I like this one.
It gives a sense of calm and peace - though I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually in the space!  Even looking down on it helps your mind to relax, I think.
The middle section of the day was spent with good friends who are now off on the next stage of their ministry.
Meanwhile the Select Vestry of Saint Nicholas' met this evening, conducted the business and then helped with preparation for Saturday's Car Boot Sale.  Is there anyone who doesn't yet know that the Mothers' Union are holding a car boot sale?  We have had some enquiries about opening times - there'll be access from 6.00 am!!  (£5 per car, £10 per van.)  If any readers have things to sell - then do come along with your car ... or ... if you want good bargains .... then just arrive early and bring lots of money!  The MU will be selling all sorts of things and we hope that the traders and car boot sellers will come and support us as well.  
I imagine that the next couple of days will be fairly full of Car Boot thoughts and activities!

Go before us, Lord Christ,
with the blessings of your goodness
and guide all those you call to authority
in the way of your justice,
the knowledge of your liberty
and the wisdom of your gentleness;
for your name's sake.  Amen. 

Celebrating Common Prayer
Thursday

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a busy day you have had - time for another holiday I think!! :)

Went to Thames View Lodge last night and took the service, after a two week break, to discover that the warden is leaving so in 2 and half years I will be on to my 4th warden or Scheme Co-Ordinator!!!

It made me realize last night that I am, at the moment, the only consistent figure they see each week, which became apparent as I listened to their stories covering the period I have been on holiday.. It reminded me of the Brownies and Rainbows when they sit in a circle and say 'My news is......'

Anyway you have a good day - catch up with on fb or 365. Judith

keneva said...

Love the rolling dog!

Loey said...

What a full day - love the photo of Eliot having a "roll" on the grass :D