Saturday 31 July 2010

2010:365:212 AA


I don't know what I'd do without this little bit of yellow plastic.  Here I was, stranded AGAIN in the rain.  A very helpful person on the telephone assured me that assistance would arrive within the hour.  In fact the AA van pulled up in under ten minutes.
The problem is the motor for the power steering - a new one is required!  Meanwhile I can drive without doing any damage - and the "city" function doesn't appear to be affected.  
It was rather a nuisance when it happened as I was on my way to the airport to collect a friend ... but I suppose there's no control over such events.  And there's not much point getting cross about it either!  It happens.  
Taking a picture of the melting turtle candle has been my intention for a couple of days ... so there was the chance to do that while waiting for the AA.  
You remember that he started life in one of the craft evenings at the youth club when he looked quite respectable.
He'll hardly melt again today with the rain and fairly low temperatures.  Next time that he does I must rescue him and see what I can do to remould.

O Lord, from whom all good things come:
Grant to us your humble servants,
that, by your holy inspiration
we may think those things that be good,
and by your merciful guiding may perform the same;
through our Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen. 

Book of Common Prayer
Weekdays after Pentecost

No comments: