Tuesday 23 March 2010

2010:365:82 Tuesday

The 365Project photograph of today is the new Nokia X6 which arrived this morning.  Lay-Zee of course had to be photographed with it!  Lay-Zee has a friend, maybe a younger sibling, who will make an appearance in due course - but I'd not want to confuse things just yet.  When the parcel arrived I resisted the temptation to rip it open immediately in my usual manner.  Rather, the camera was produced, Lay-Zee found and some pictures taken.
The delivery man didn't even have to ring the bell.  As soon as the bright yellow van parked at the bottom of the drive Eliot began to bark!  He's a great guard dog and I appreciate the security that brings.
My first mobile phone was part of my leaving gift from teaching in Kilkeel High School.  With the help of a colleague I used it to illustrate the need to keep in contact with one another and, since they gave me a beautiful bible as well, I was able to speak about the importance of keeping lines of communication open with God.  I still use the Bible but the "brick" of the early phone is long since relegated to a box somewhere.  If I come across it I'll post a picture just to give you a laugh.  
This new device is sleek and has features that, as yet, I know nothing about.  Indeed, there wasn't time to read the instructions today.  Instinctively I got the phone up and running and then went back to work.
Work was finishing off a sermon for tonight's Lent series.  We've been thinking about prayer and it was an enjoyable set of five services.  The series was organised by "Faith Seeking Understanding" - a group of six churches in South Belfast who have journeyed together for many years getting to know one another and learning to share with each other.
So, the early part of the day was spent looking at notes spread over the breakfast room table.  Lay-Zee gets in on the act there too.
Then, when the diagrams were completed and the structure organised I spent a lot of the afternoon at the computer typing up the script that was used this evening.  So that was my day.  Not how I'd have liked to spend all of it but there really wasn't a lot of choice!  Here's a bit of A General Thanksgiving from which I quoted tonight.

Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we thine unworthy servants do give thee most humble and hearty thanks for all thy goodness and loving kindness to us, and to all men.  We bless thee for our creation, preservation and all the blessings of this life: but above all, for thine inestimable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. ....


Book of Common Prayer
A General Thanksgiving (part 1)

No comments: