Monday 15 February 2010

2010:365:46 Sign of the Times

This sign says it all!  Good friends, who know me well, gave it to me some time ago; and nothing has changed!  Always the last minute.  Always right tight to the deadline.  But that's okay.  Usually things are done on time if not well ahead of time.
I was struck again by this when a colleague who is preaching at one of the Lent services commented that he has his sermon written already!  Oh dear.  I can imagine that mine will be done in the day or two before it is required.  That's fine.  It doesn't need to be done well ahead of time ... it just has to be ready for the evening when I'm preaching it.
A bit more forward planning wouldn't go amiss and maybe the still blank "2Do" book will come into use during Lent - that would be a good self-discipline project.  It might be a lot harder to do that than the annual fast from fast food.  One final Chinese meal tomorrow night and then no more until Easter Day (and that includes no Indian, Fish and Chips, Pizza or any other sort of carry out).
365Project has "Sign of the Times" as the theme this week so it will be fun going around looking for different notices and unusual angles.  There are a few more in the rectory so I'll not be stuck for ideas.

Almighty God,
whose Holy Spirit equips your Church with a rich variety of gifts:
Grant us so to use them that, living the gospel of Christ
and eager to do your will,
we may share with the whole creation in the joys of eternal life;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen. 


Book of Common Prayer,
The Collect of the Twentieth Sunday after Trinity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm like you - even when I've got plently of time to prepare something it will get done in the last minute!! BUT it will get done :)

Ali said...

I need one of those signs!

Anonymous said...

therevandadog.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.