Thursday 18 January 2018

What ... no pictures of the dog?

How strange is this.  All day ... not a single picture of the dog.

Oh yes, we had a walk.  A cold, wet walk in the forest.  I even had the camera with me.  But the thick gloves were so cosy.  This is the 'left' sock ... as soon as the dog saw me putting them on he became over-excited.  So now, I can't just roam around in certain socks in the house ... these particular ones mean 'we are going out'.  And to Dougal ... that is interpreted as NOW!


It was good to get back and light a big fire!  But now the room is too hot and I'm sitting at almost ten o'clock at night in a tee shirt!


Lunch was also very acceptable.  Yesterday a friend made French Toast and put a picture on Facebook ... so that gave me an idea for today's meal here.  A tasty and ancient treat.  Served warm with a dusting of sugar ...


Day off gave me the opportunity to spend the afternoon reading ... an American friend (through photography) recommended this book ... and it is gripping!  I'm enjoying something completely different. 


So ... an early-ish night as I've to be up, bright eyed and bushy tailed, for tomorrow's Prayer Breakfast.  Why couldn't we organise a Prayer Lunch?!  Anyhow, it is the launch of the 4Corners Festival Programme ... you'll hear a lot more about that during the first ten days of February. 

If you are impatient and want to catch a glimpse of the varied items ... then ... just look here: http://4cornersfestival.com/   

This year's theme:"Now.  Here.  This."

I know that the book will have to be left downstairs or there will be the temptation to read 'just one more chapter'!





No comments: