Friday 27 June 2014

The Little Things

The Princess and the Pea is the classic illustration of the way the smallest things can influence how we feel.  That poor child had the amazing ability to sense a single pea through ten mattresses ... I think that I could sleep on a bed of peas and not notice that the surface was even slightly rough.
It reminds me of an awful punishment (that I read about yesterday) used in some schools where children have to kneel on frozen peas.
My "little thing" yesterday was the new gear knob in the car ...
In terms of the final bill ... this item was free ... It is a pleasure to use and a big improvement from the scratched and broken one that came with the vehicle.
Gardens are full of the "little things" too ... the splash of colour from a single flower, the detail of an exotic bloom ... the tiny heads of blue and purple that make a pleasing carpet ...



But, of course, in the middle of it all is Eliot ... not such a "little thing" ... 
Today, I'm going to look out for the "little things" ... 

No comments: