Saturday 30 March 2013

"Spy" Wednesday Meditation ...

For those who want to see more clearly the prayer mentioned in the "Catching Up" blog ... this is it!


Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world: have mercy on us.

With the light of your truth, Lord, open my heart
and help me be honest in seeing
how I’ve betrayed you …
how I’ve betrayed your love …
how I’ve taken you and your mercy for granted …
how I’ve presumed upon your presence and your grace …
how I’ve betrayed you in thought, word and deed out of loyalty to the crowd, the custom, the fad …

With the light of your truth, Lord, open my heart
and help me be honest in seeing
how I’ve betrayed the people around me, family and friends …
how I’ve betrayed others at school, at work, in my community …
how I’ve betrayed the poor and hungry with my greed and gluttony …
how I’ve betrayed the truth with my lies and cheating …
how I’ve betrayed others with gossip and half-truths …

With the light of your truth, Lord, open my heart
and help me be honest in seeing
how I’ve betrayed myself …
how I’ve been dishonest with and about the person you made me to be …
how I’ve betrayed my given word, my promises, my vows …
how I’ve betrayed the best in me by choosing the cheap and tawdry …
how I’ve betrayed your image within me, the divine image in which you created me …

With the light of your truth, Lord, open my heart and help me be honest in seeing how, with Judas,
I betray you, and hand you over for money, for prestige, out of pride, in selfishness …  
and in closing my eyes to the truth of your presence and the promise of your love … 



No comments: