Saturday 22 December 2012

Patience is a virtue ...

Possess it if you can.
Seldom found in woman.
Never found in man.
     Is that true?  So goes the quotation!
Today I demonstrated a remarkable lack of patience ... with the Nativity Scene ... all, except the last cracker, are now open!  Among the additions to the tableau are twin shepherds!  A nice touch.
I could learn a thing or two from my dog ... he can stand and stare at the door handle until I take pity upon him and open the door.
His focus is total and Eliot won't be distracted by anything until he gets out.
He simply ignores the camera and waits!  I ought to try to teach him how to pull on the handle to open the door ... but then again ... do I want him to have free access to the outside world when I'm not around?
At least the Advent candle is being burned bit by bit through all the titles used for Jesus.
So, I'm off to think about patience!
According to one of the websites ... "Patience is a virtue" is an ancient proverb which dates back to:
 'Piers Plowman' (1377) and was first written in Latin...
 Maxima enim, patientia virtus

(Patience is the greatest virtue)





No comments: