Wednesday 12 December 2012

Just in case there isn't time later ...

The day begins with opening another cracker in the Nativity scene ... a second shepherd has turned up to take care of the increasing flock.
 This has been a lot of fun ... it is still tempting to open all the remaining crackers ... but I'll resist.  Eliot doesn't like the bang!  When he sees me going towards the box he leaves the room.
 The other end of the mantleshelf has a special Nativity Scene ... made from plaster of Paris by my nephew in 1992 ... it has only ever had two wise men ... the third is no doubt looking after the animals before he brings along his gift.
In front of it stands the angelic orchestra ... a group of musicians bought in Assisi and they have survived for almost twenty years too ... and some of the pieces are very fragile.
So, getting ready for Christmas in the midst of all the other things to do ... it keeps you sane!
From today's Psalm:
For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress, I shall never be shaken. 
Psalm 62:1-2

No comments: