Wednesday 17 October 2012

Where to begin ...

After weeks of not writing a daily blog ... it feels like I'm starting all over again!  Since it is a very wet morning here in Belfast there's not much point posting a photograph of that ... I read a comment a few minutes ago that it is even too wet for the fish!
There were a few "interesting" pictures from a car wash last Saturday.  The Fire and Rescue Service, just across the road from Saint Nicholas' has a charity event and, after the Open Church Coffee Time the car got the fire hose treatment.  I don't remember it being so clean before.
 They seemed to have a lot of fun doing the job and hopefully a good sum was raised ... some of them decided that they'd not want to do this particular job for a living!


It was therefore with a clean vehicle (at least on the outside) that I headed off to Ballynahinch on Sunday morning to preach at a Harvest Thanksgiving service in Magheradroll Parish.  What fun to catch up with a school friend and former colleague from Kilkeel High ... and how good to see a church packed to the doors with worshippers.  The camera was, of course, with me ... and if you're on Facebook there's a collection of photographs there.
The stunning stained glass window behind the Holy Table captures your attention the moment you enter the church ... and then your eyes catch sight of the font!  Wow!
It is an amazing piece of carving and not the easiest furnishing to clean!
 Both before and after the service Eliot and I enjoyed the Riverside Walk just behind the church ... It is a beautifully maintained path that winds along the river and, of course, provides the photographer with more than one image ... before editing there might have been about a hundred!  In one part it was possible to allow the dog to run free so he had some good exercise.  I think we'll be back there a time or two.  It is a very peaceful place, and on that day, totally deserted!
 The church, Magheradroll Parish, in the background.
Does Eliot feel exasperation when I stop to take pictures .... ?
Anyhow, the blog is back (I hope) ...

Glory be to God who has shown us the light!
Lead me from darkness to light.
Lead me from sadness to joy.  
Lead me from death to immortality.
Glory be to God who has shown us the light!
from The Glenstal Book of Prayer

4 comments:

lesleyc said...

Wonderful to see you and Eliot back on the blog, and with your always enjoyable photos and comments.

I hope the blog is back to stay!

Rev Elizabeth said...

Thanks Lesley! I will try!

Anonymous said...

Good to have you and Eliot back! MrsMcF

Carol said...

Great you're back, I've missed the blogs.