Saturday 8 January 2011

Between activities.

 Saturday dawned cold and frosty.  Before the neighbours were awake I'd taken some photographs of a glass turtle in the pale blue light of early morning.   You can see the frost on top of the recycling bin ... at least there was no snow at ground level.  We could see it on the top of the hills but all we had was ice! 
 The 365Project picture is this one, taken on top of a linen napkin.   The contrast in textures between the cloth and the freshly washed glass is an interesting one.
 You'll remember this little guy if you're a regular reader.  I thought that this picture would be the final one - it was posted some days ago.  Indeed, I'd forgotten all about him but in the silent days he's been growing away!
 Now see how he almost fills the 'egg' ... that's been a fun project!  All I did was add water and leave him in peace.  He can sit around in the kitchen for a while to see what happens next ... though I can't imagine that he'll get any larger.
The jointed yellow bear sits there at present.
Now, I turn my attention to the Sunday notice sheet and prayers for Morning Prayer, having had a very pleasant morning visiting.  Dinner had arrived for the patients in hospital when I was with one parishioner; it looked so tasty that I stopped off in the dining room to enjoy some for myself.  It was a very nice home made burger (no bun) in gravy with mash and carrots followed by gooseberry crumble and custard.  The only trouble is that, at weekends, the plates and cutlery are disposable and not very easy to use!  It could be tempting to bring my own knife and fork ... but that might seem a bit odd!
Eliot and Mollie have gone off somewhere for a snooze so the house is quiet, the fire is going strong and I'm awfully tempted to have a wee snooze myself!  Maybe that would set me up for a bit of desk work and an evening of some serious reading?!
2011 is already rushing ahead ... here we are at the 8th January ... and trying to make each moment count.  Appreciating and celebrating each day is so important.  Living in the present for God and trying to recognise God's voice in the midst of all the other voices is what we're about.  Tomorrow's readings take us back to our baptismal promises .... here's the collect for the day. 

Eternal Father,
who at the baptism of Jesus
revealed him to be your Son,
anointing him with the Holy Spirit:
Grant to us, who are born of water and the Spirit,
that we may be faithful to our calling as your adopted children;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen. 

Book of Common Prayer
Collect of the First Sunday after the Epiphany. 

No comments: