Monday 27 September 2010

2010:365:270 Corned beef ...

I'm guessing this is one of those "love it" or "hate it" foods.
I am in the first category.  Sliced with tomato in a sandwich, diced with onion and potato in hash, fried in a light batter with an egg .... variations are numerous and each delicious (in my opinion)!
A couple of times recently I've had "ring pull" tins - and it is very difficult to dig out the contents without any leverage at all.  So I was pleased to discover some older stock - still good for another few years - and got a couple for the store cupboard.
The key turning mechanism must go back a long way and sometimes it is tricky.  If you don't keep it straight then you're in real trouble.  And if it breaks then you've to devise some cunning way of getting the bottom of the tin off!  I've known folk to end up with cut fingers during this operation!
However, the key opening does give a bit of leverage for removing the contents so I'll be sorry when you can't buy this style any longer.
That's it for today - just a window into the kitchen!  
365Project ended up having a collage of all those picture - a bit like a comic strip, I suppose!


Guard us, O Lord, with the shield of faith
and fight for us with the sword of the Spirit,
that in all our spiritual warfare
against the powers of darkness
we may gain the victory
through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen. 

Celebrating Common Prayer
Monday evening

No comments: