Monday 15 March 2010

2010:365:74 V is for Viscount, Vestry ....

Viscount biscuits were good value today at the Co-op.  Fourteen delicious minty bites for £1.  Yes, I know it is Lent.  And no, I didn't need to buy them.  But ... what else would you do for the letter "V"?
I had taken a few pictures earlier in the day in the Vestry when I was doing the Open Church time.
An empty room, even with a carefully staged hanging surplice and stole isn't exactly photogenic.
I do enjoy the hour or so at lunch times on a Monday when I'm in charge of opening up the building.  Sometimes people come in and want to chat, mostly folk simply want the space to be quiet and pray on their own.
I use the time to begin preparation for the next Sunday's sermon and find that the hour or so passes all too quickly.  Clicking on the title to this blog will take you to the readings for the Fifth Sunday in Lent.  So much choice for a theme!  It will be interesting to see where my thoughts land eventually.
Now, I'll eat the Viscount and enjoy a quick coffee break before getting back to work.

In the wilderness we find your grace: you love us with an everlasting love.
     Lord, have mercy.
There is none but you to uphold our cause: our sin cries out and our guilt is great.
     Christ, have mercy.
Heal us, O Lord, and we shall be healed: restore us and we shall know your joy.
     Lord, have mercy.


Book of Common Prayer
Penitential Kyries in Lent

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here therevandadog.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Recent Scientific Research presents that about 60% of all United States grownups are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.