Wednesday 24 February 2010

2010:365:55 C is for Camera

This is it!  Or at least it is one of them taken with the other one!  And then this is the other one, taken with the first one.  (If that all makes sense.)

What else would be suitable for a photographic project?  The camera is, to me, an obvious choice.  One of them, and sometimes both of them, will be with me almost everywhere I go.  The little Lumix is handy but the Canon has more features.  
The story of why I happen to have two digital cameras goes back some months.  The Canon stopped working and I needed to have something to fill the gap while it was being repaired.  A very helpful assistant suggested the Panasonic (Lumix) and, since it holds the same memory card, that seemed to be a good buy.
However, once the battery was charged and the memory card in place the new camera wasn't working either.  Back to the shop!
They were a little puzzled but assumed it was a one-off problem and brought out another identical model with a charged battery and transferred the memory card.  It wasn't working either!
There was a display camera that I'd looked at in the first place, so the assistant put the memory card in it and immediately it stopped functioning as well!
Four "dead" cameras and the only thing they had in common was my memory card.... it doesn't take a genius ... !!  
So the shop gave me yet another camera and I bought a new memory card!  The Canon went off to Canon who sorted the problem (for a price) and the three dead Panasonics went off to their maker.  I presume their problem was fixed as well.
Now I'm enjoying the luxury of a second camera which is both lighter and smaller than the Canon and very useful for dog walking and slipping into a cassock pocket on a Sunday - just in case there's a picture to be snapped at short notice.  
This isn't a particularly "holy" blog.  It is more a "history" one.  It will answer a friend's question - she wanted to know the type of cameras that I use.  So now everybody knows.  If you're on the 365Project you can find out with which camera the photograph was taken if you click on the more details option.  You may access the project through a link to the right of your screen.
Now, how about a wee prayer before bedtime?

Visit, we beseech thee, O Lord, this place and our homes, and drive away all the snares of the enemy; Let thy holy angels dwell herein and therein to preserve us in peace; and may thy blessing be upon us evermore; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.


We will lay us down in peace and take our rest.  For it is thou, Lord, only, that makest us dwell in safety.


Book of Common Prayer
Compline

1 comment:

travelingtwosome said...

Thank you so much for suggesting your site and for the camera information! I've been principally relying on my (new) pocket camera since my older SLR has many broken features. Seeing the work of so many capable photographers on 365, I've been curious to know what they use & like so I'll have something to go on when I walk into a camera shop. Chris, btw, also sent me some helpful information. I'll enjoy looking through your blog; thank you for sharing! I'm enjoying the Alphabet Challenge with you and the others! Louise