Monday 25 January 2010

2010:365:25 The Enterprise


The taxi driver can't have been serious ... or else he wasn't listening properly.  "Live long and prosper" he replied when I asked to be taken to the train!  Well, perhaps I should have named the station rather than the mode of transport!  He would be a Star Trek fan (or fanatic)!  It was certainly a novel way to open a conversation.
En route to Dublin this morning I kept a careful eye out for my friend's church and rectory but the sun was bright from an inconvenient angle and there was only one chance to snap a picture.  The journey passes through some beautiful countryside and my book remained closed as I enjoyed the changing scenes.  One could do the same journey by car in a similar length of time ... but the train is stress free and things like drinking coffee, taking photographs, sending texts are all possible!

In spite of many special fare offers and free travel for seniors there are still a lot of empty seats.  No doubt this will change in the warmer weather but for now it was a very enjoyable journey to the committee meeting.  Even the committee was okay!  

However, it has been a long day so I'm ending the blog and going to "call it a day".

Preserve us, O Lord, while waking, and guard us while sleeping, 
that awake we may watch with Christ, and asleep we may rest in peace.

4 comments:

colliedoggie said...

Lovely photo of Drmbanagher! I'm usually on the early train but I took the car as I was going to the "Institute" later in the evening.

Anonymous said...

wonderful photos Elizabeth - love travelling on trains

Ali said...

Hats off to you for getting the shot, I'd have missed the church by a ... country mile ;-)

Rev Elizabeth said...

I did know when it was about to appear! Got two shots but the other one doesn't have the rail tracks so you'd not know it was taken from the Enterprise. Nice part of the country.