Tuesday 21 April 2009

...those things that I ought to have done...


There'd be quite a list and perhaps the list is one of the things that ought to have been done? Is it procrastination or trying to sort out priorities and therefore inevitably some things can't be attempted in the time available? Whatever it is, to come to bed time exhausted, having worked almost all day from early morning, and feel that you didn't achieve half of what you wanted to do is, to say the least, frustrating. Fifteen hours since I arrived in the Parish Office this morning and now I can think of nothing but bed (and all the work that hasn't been done!).

Tomorrow looks to be about to follow the same sort of pattern as I'm meeting workmen on site at 8.00 am and then the day is likely to be pretty much non-stop until after Choir practice tomorrow night. But there's the oasis at 1.00 pm when we have Holy Communion. That is always a refreshing moment in the middle of a busy week - time to step aside and remember...to reflect...to rest...

Regularly the poor dog looks with great longing brown eyes as I leave him curled in his basket (if you can call a plastic bed "a basket"), or sitting at the top of the stairs, to await my return sometime. But Eliot is never complaining. He's just delighted to see me and willing to follow me around, flopping at my feet in the most awkward places - he doesn't even object when I trip over him! At times I think he keeps me sane - at other times he drives me mad! Last night he came to Fusion, the Youth Club, with me and found himself to be a very popular dog, happily trotting off with whoever wanted to take him for a walk. Some of the youngsters played football until you could hardly see the people at the other end of the green - but when there's good weather you have to make the most of it! Others were in the Youth Centre doing impressive magic tricks and just sometimes letting slip how the "magic" worked! Wouldn't it be great if there were a way to solve problems as easily as making a silk hanky disappear?!!

No comments: